Stay connected with Gideon Elementary through the latest news and announcements happening at our school. Check out our most recent news below. If there is a story idea or announcement you feel we missed, please contact the campus webmaster.
Want to get e-mail alerts of our latest news? Learn how to subscribe to our news posts.
Congratulations to Mr. Sheehy!
He was voted by our Gideon family as our Teacher of the Year.
Mr. Sheehy is known for his costumes, golf pants, and basketball coaching along with his normal classroom duties. He encourages students to do their best and keeps them excited about learning. Gideon is lucky to have this fun teacher on our campus.
These are his 3 favorite quotes.
“Teach by the 3 P’s – Preparation, Partnership, & Passion”
“ Be a great teammate, not a good teammate, a great teammate”
“This is a customer service job, and our customers are 8 & 9 year old’s. If your service stinks they will be sure to let you know by their words or actions”.
Thank you for everything you do Mr. Sheehy.
Kindergarten parents can purchase their field trip tickets from the links below between February 10, 2020 to March 9, 2020.
Student Tickets - $7.00 click here
Chaperone Tickets - $10.00 click here
Meet Makaiyah: She came to us from a nearby district and was more than two grade levels behind. However, after 1.5 years in #RTI and breakfast club (our morning reading tutorial group), she fell into tier 1 on iSIP for the first time ever. Gators are so proud of her. 👏🏽👏🏽👏🏽
Please help us celebrate her improvement by liking this post.
Way to go Makaiyah!🎉🎉🎉
Come support Musical Gators and Ukulele students as they perform Hawaiian music at the Center for the Performing Arts on Debbie Ln.
Below are a list of the Performers
11:00 AM Shepard/Cross Timbers Orchestra
11:15 AM Martha Reid Drum Club
11:30 AM Willie Brown Choir
11:45 AM Gideon Choir & Ukulele
12:00 PM Daulton Choir
12:15 PM Neal Choir
12:30 PM DP Morris Choir
12:45 PM Shepard IS Choir
1:00 PM Judy Miller Choir
1:15 PM Danny Jones Musical Theatre
1:30 PM Wester Musical Theatre
1:45 PM Brockett Step/LHS African SU
Show some love to our Gator Staff of the Month:
⭐️ Mr. Sheehy
⭐️ Officer Wayne
They were selected by their peers as the “most friendly” team members. 😃
#gideonteachersrock #gideongatorsrock #title1 #oneteamonedream #wearemisd #thankateacher Mansfield ISD Police Department.
Lady Gators Schedule
Thursday, January 23rd @ GHES
· 5:15p Hawks(Red) vs. Tigers -3 BYE – Gators
· 6:00p Hawks(Black) vs. Tigers – 4
Wednesday, January 29th @ ENES
· 5:15p Gators vs. Tigers -3 BYE – Hawks(Black)
· 6:00p Hawks(Red) vs. Tigers – 4
Wednesday, February 5th @ GHES
· 5:15p Hawks(Black) vs. Tigers -3** BYE – Tigers-4
· 6:00p Hawks(Red) vs. Gators
Wednesday, February 12th @ ENES
· 5:15p Gators vs. Tigers - 4 BYE – Hawks (Red)
· 6:00p Hawks(Black) vs. Tigers – 3**
Wednesday, February 19th @ GHES
· 5:15p Gators vs. Hawks (Black) BYE – Tigers-3
· 6:00p Hawks(Red) vs. Tigers – 4
Thursday, February 27th @ OWN HOME CAMPUSES
· 5:15p Hawks(Red) vs. Hawks (Black) (@ GHES) BYE – Gators
· 5:15p Tigers -3 vs. Tigers -4 (@ENES)
Saturday, February 29th – End of Season Tournament Location - @ TBD
· Game 1 (8:30AM) - No. 3 Seed vs. No. 5 Seed
· Game 2 (9:30AM) - No. 2 Seed vs. No.4 Seed
· Game 3 (10 :30AM) - No. 1 Seed vs. Winner of Game 1
· Game 4 (11: 30AM) - Winner of Game 2 vs. Winner of Game 3
Glenn Harmon Elementary (GHES)
5700 Petra Dr Arlington, TX 76017
Erma Nash Elementary (ENES)
1050 Magnolia St, Mansfield, TX 76063
Gator Boys Basketball Schedule
Below is the schedule this season for the Gideon Gator Basketball team & a list of league rules that each team fill have this season.
- Games will have a running clock until the last minute half.
- Goals will be set a 9 feet. No full court press allowed
- Parents are expected to show respect to all players, coaches, & referees. If a parent yells at referee they will be asked to leave the gym and will not be able attend future games.
- All games will be held at James Coble Middle School – 1200 Ballweg Rd, Arlington Tx, 76002. Please arrive no later than 10 min before games.
- Game shirts will be provided & collected after each game.
- Players should where jogger shorts (black if possible) for the games.
1/27 - Mon - 6:10 – Vs. Jones – Court 2
2/3 – Mon - 7:00 – Vs. Tipps – Court 1
2/10 - Mon - 7:00 – Vs. Spencer – Court 2
2/18 – Tue - 6:10 – Vs. Davis – Court 2
2/24- Tue – 7:00 – Vs. Harmon – Court 2
3/2 –Mon - 6:10 – Vs. Brockett – Court 1
3/16 – Mon - 7:00 – Vs. Reid – Court 1
Playoff will be the week after Spring Break. I will let you know the schedule once it is posted. The first round should be @ Coble and championship at Timberview.
Please remember this league is competitive so playing time will be equal. We have 15 players and I will try to get everyone at least 2 minutes of playing time, and more if possible.
Players are expected to maintain good academic standing with their teachers and can be taken off the team by any teacher or administrator at any point.
Let’s have a great season and show are talent, sportsmanship, and Gideon pride!